Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Star Wars Question

  1. #1
    Inactive Member imported_MoonlightGraham's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2004
    Posts
    2,142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Star Wars Question

    Who did Luke live with before he decided to begin his Jedi training?

    It said his uncle and his aunt...but I thought Anaken's mom was a virgin when she had him and she was killed when he was like 15 and I don't think he had any other siblings. I would not think that it would be Padame's parents because they were royalty weren't they, and Luke's caregivers were farmers?
    [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Star Wars Question

    If I recall right, his mom married a Lars once she was free from being a slave. So technically, they weren't his uncle and aunt, but uncle and aunt by marriage.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Star Wars Question

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R0cketer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I recall right, his mom married a Lars once she was free from being a slave. So technically, they weren't his uncle and aunt, but uncle and aunt by marriage.

    </div></div>

    Exactly...
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member imported_MoonlightGraham's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2004
    Posts
    2,142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Star Wars Question

    but was I right about her being a virgin?

    what do you guys think about the whole "greedo shot first idea".
    [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Star Wars Question

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DaneCook</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who did Luke live with before he decided to begin his Jedi training?

    It said his uncle and his aunt...but I thought Anaken's mom was a virgin when she had him and she was killed when he was like 15 and I don't think he had any other siblings. I would not think that it would be Padame's parents because they were royalty weren't they, and Luke's caregivers were farmers? </div></div>

    she didn't have to be a virgin when she had him. I don't remember exactly if that was said or not but she could have not of had any reason to be "with child" at the time she found about Anaken, if you follow what I'm saying
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  6. #6
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Star Wars Question

    Oh, by the way, the Greedo shot first thing. Lucas was caught wearing a shirt on the new Indiana Jones movie that said 'Han shot first'

    lucasford
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member StateChamps92's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2004
    Posts
    367
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Star Wars Question

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: starbuck</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DaneCook</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who did Luke live with before he decided to begin his Jedi training?

    It said his uncle and his aunt...but I thought Anaken's mom was a virgin when she had him and she was killed when he was like 15 and I don't think he had any other siblings. I would not think that it would be Padame's parents because they were royalty weren't they, and Luke's caregivers were farmers? </div></div>

    she didn't have to be a virgin when she had him. I don't remember exactly if that was said or not but she could have not of had any reason to be "with child" at the time she found about Anaken, if you follow what I'm saying </div></div>

    When Qui-gon Jinn asked who was the father, Anakins mother replied "there is no father", leaing me to think that George Lucas was implying a Virgin Mary conception. I'm not comparing Anakin to Jesus, but I think the conception of Anakin mirrors it metaphoricly.
    "Do or do not, there is no try"...Yoda

  8. #8
    Inactive Member StateChamps92's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2004
    Posts
    367
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Star Wars Question

    They should have never changed the shooting. Han was bein stalked and he took the opportunity to save his hide. Greedo threatened him anyway. Han shot first.
    "Do or do not, there is no try"...Yoda

  9. #9
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Star Wars Question

    Greedo is a bastard.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •